Not all products being sold and seen in every store are preferred to be bought by customers. Half or a huge part of everything displayed in stores remain as that or at most scrutinized by customers but has never passed their liking and ending up not generating sales from it.
In business, that is not a good sign, for they may end up with loss or if it continues it may straightly lead to bankruptcy. Some have arrived with practices that could save and prevent them from gaining much loss and has applied it up to the present.
Lean enterprise is one of the practices that manufacturers apply from preventing them to be in a situation like that. The principle of that practice is concerned with the usage of resources concerned with the process of an organization. When one of the steps in that process failed to make value it is eliminated.
Lean Enterprise’s characteristics are based on different factors. These factors could be:
• Main focus is with the customers – whatever it is that one is concerned with it still remains a fact that your customers who buys your product is the one that gives you the earnings you expect. So it is important to give the quality service they deserve and focus on their needs and wants.
• Proper alignment of the organization – the organization’s employees should be knowledgeable enough not just with what their job descriptions entail but also the company’s goal.
• Building trust – this is one tough job for someone to do but this is also the most important key for a business to prosper.
• Knowledge sharing – sharing ones knowledge with one another is one way to increase it, and a sure way for a company to do well with its goals.
• Questioning culture – one way to know something is through constant questioning and also an effective way of knowing the source of problem itself.
• Flexible manpower – one way to achieve the goal of an organization is through the help of manpower. If one has that, it’s most expected that an organization would reach the purpose of its existence.
• Visuals – visualizing is the same as devising a plan. It thinks about the advantages and disadvantages, the steps to take in meeting the goals and objectives, and it pictures the most feasible approach to obtain the desired outcome.
• Continuous improvement – for an organization to achieve its goals, improvement is a necessity. Without that, it would be like a store displaying the same items in multiple rows of racks with no other selection available. If that’s how it’s going to be, it would not take long before it went bankrupt.
Applying lean enterprise practice could not be achieved in just one day of learning it. Following this practice entails following its processes step by step. Which means, applying the lean thinking from the start of production until it finally reached its consumers.
Lean enterprise is a practice concerned in decreasing expenditures that could only lead to possible losses in an organization. It involves crucial thinking and planning. It involves crucial thinking over finalizing plans and processes to take in executing it.