One important factor that an employer must do to have the employee be at the best ability and talent is to have career mapping. Career mapping is a win-win situation because both the employers and employees benefit from it. A career map with help you understand yourself better.
This will answer your questions on what do you want to do, where do you want to work, and how long does it take for you to close the gap. With this, you can be sure that you have a map that can also analyze some changes that may happen and those changes that happened already.
There are factors that can change your career maps so you need to acknowledge it in order for you to have a career mapping that may able to get along with these factors.
1. People or events that are influencing you to be in your place right now.
2. People or events that influence to change in the future.
3. Those people and events that may be a help in pursuing your career.
With these factors that had been analyzed, you can now change your career mapping. You need to choose elements that will be on your career maps.
Career maps are divided into 5 sections which you can have a great job by doing it.
1. One section will tell you what you really want to have a career. In this section, it tackles all of from short term up to the long term goals and ambitions. You need to have the applicable time frames in order for you to achieve your ambitions. When asked by the employer, you can always say that do you really want to do in the company.
2. Another section of career mapping is getting your scale on how you will get your job. Through scoring, you can see what ultimate and least goal is. You can also realize those parts that is not important and thus changing it. Also this will prevent you changing endlessly because you can always see what the most important aspect is in order to land a job.
3. The influencing and limitation section is needed also when you are doing career mapping. This will help the prospective employers and employee to have easier interaction because they know what are your strengths and weaknesses.
4. The section of employment history reflects on how you are performing on your last job. It is valuable information for your employer because you can have a progression from your last job and advancing yourself to improvement.
5. The last part is having research activities with initiation of being able to change to become more successful and productive. This will be a guide for you on to where you can have a room for improvements and where your best talent is should be.
This process of career mapping is just a simple model on how you can design to have a well-developed career in the near future. This will also be a help to the employers to have a match with the employees if they want to have a change in their jobs.